10 Fast Facts About the Guiding Star Project
For a decade, The Guiding Star Project has been serving women and families from our affiliate centers with whole-person care. Our branding and organization may have changed and grown over the years, but our mission has always been the same. We seek to be the “new norm” in wholistic women’s healthcare and help women get the care they need and deserve.
Here are a few must-know fast facts about The Guiding Star Project!
What to Know About the Guiding Star Project
- Our organization was founded in 2011 out of our founder’s desire to serve women and mothers. Leah Jacobson founded The Guiding Star Project after feeling called to help women and families by providing resources that honor Natural Law and promote wholistic feminism. Now we serve women and families from numerous affiliate centers across the country.
- We have a total of six affiliate centers across four different states. These include locations in the Twin Cities, MN, Waterloo, IA, Orange City, IA, El Paso, TX, Marshalltown, IA, and Memphis, TN. Each one provides life-affirming care for women and families with a variety of different services such as childbirth classes, lactation consultants, fertility awareness education, and more.
- Our mission is to serve women with a whole-life approach that honors their bodies and minds. To us, women are not just a number. They are individuals who deserve whole-person care, not a one-size-fits-all solution to legitimate healthcare needs. With our services, we empower women to embrace, understand, and love their natural bodies.
- We are driven by the idea of wholistic feminism. This means that we support a whole-person approach to fertility, childbearing, and family life. We believe that contraception and abortion interrupt natural, healthy, biological processes and that women deserve better than both of those options. We believe women are strong, capable, and deserve to be empowered to achieve without choosing between their children and their education or career.
- We are open to new affiliate centers to add to our network of wholistic care! We seek to establish more Guiding Star centers in order to foster a life giving society. We want to guide women to alternatives to contraception and abortion, and provide helpful resources involving fertility, pregnancy, family life, and medical treatments. It’s also important to us that our centers provide special assistance and support to women and families experiencing an unexpected or crisis pregnancy. You can learn more about starting an affiliate center here.
- We offer parents with numerous services to help on their parenting journey. All of our centers offer drop-in child watch so parents can use our centers and have their children taken care of while doing so. We also offer a number of additional resources and educational opportunities for parents, depending on each location.
- We are passionate about empowering women to breastfeed their babies and provide them with the necessary resources and support to do so successfully. We have lactation consultants on staff to help new moms get the support they need as they learn to feed their babies.
- We also support women by childbirth education and fertility awareness instruction. Empowerment is our goal! Our affiliate centers help women prepare for childbirth with classes and resources – in addition, we partner with SymptoPro to offer Online Fertility Education. Women can learn to chart their cycles and get in tune with their bodies as well as avoid or achieve a pregnancy naturally.
- We offer a number of different resources on our website for women to learn and get involved. Our blog is home to many first-hand accounts of the importance of wholistic feminism as well as educational content. You can also attend one of our occasional online webinars on women’s health or explore the Cycle Show, a fertility awareness workshop for young girls.
- You can support The Guiding Star Project through our Luminaries program. If you’re looking for a way to support the Guiding Star Project, check out our Luminary Club for monthly donors. Recurring donations help us grow and plan for the future. We also welcome one-time donations and volunteer assistance.
Whether you are a woman seeking to learn more about her fertility, a new mom, or a family looking for support, The Guiding Star Project is here for you.